Sunday, December 28, 2014

Word by Word

Sea Lions - Bamfield Marine Science Centre
Gillian Cornwall, c. September 2014

Word by word, I tend the tale of the earth to the sowing of each story. What else can I do? I could tell myself, "It's all been done" but I haven't done it. I haven't tried to show you through my eyes and it is a different tale with each person's telling. 

Another year has all but wrapped and I haven't written anywhere near what I had hoped. I am pleased that I have been able to maintain posts for 51 out of 52 weeks this year and I sure hope you have enjoyed them. To each of you who read the works week after week, I am grateful to you. I am grateful for your time, your thoughts and your kindness in commenting on the work. 

I am a bit closer to finishing the first draft of my first novel and I am underway with the screenplay of my mum's life, focusing on her time at Biggin Hill Fighter Station. I look forward to a trip to England and France in 2015 to walk the path of those who have gone before me in the hopes of understanding this past on a truly cellular level. 

I am grateful for my life - through hardships and all. I am eternally grateful for each day I have in this body, on this earth, with those in my life. I want this gratitude to fill my stories. We create our lives - every day, with each footfall on this tender earth. This is our time to shine, to love, to share. Don't give up - create. Through the lightness and the darkness, record it - in words, in drawings, in music - in all the ways you live and love. We are all artists of a sort, creating the best life we can, carving our own unique paths, our inheritance in the footprint we leave behind. Our words and our ways are threads woven into the fabric of the universe.

Let us weave our way well. Let us love, be kind and create space for our stories and those of others. Let us use our gifts to weave a universal fabric of love. 

I wish each of you happiness in the new year and the opportunity to breathe fresh breath as we open a new chapter in our book of life, savouring that which has passed and alighting on that which is uncharted ground with the excitement of an explorer. I look forward to the stories each of you bring and I set my course with the wind of the past at my back, giving me the strength I know I have always had to continue and to do my best. 

I look forward to continuing to share what I have with you. I learn from each of you when you share your stories and experiences with me and I am grateful. Let us continue to weave our beautiful fabric together. 

Health. Happiness. Wealth of spirit. Love. May these be created and shared throughout the world.

-Gillian Cornwall, c. December 28, 2014.

 

No comments: