Sunday, January 06, 2013

The New Year - Change Will Come with Intention

Me - Lana'i, December 2012

Three days back in the office and my neck hurts, I'm exhausted at the end of each day though I've only gone for a short walk at lunch hour, my stomach aches and it is dark and wet outside when I leave for work and when I return home. 

I don't know what it is that needs to shift but I'm pretty sure something does. Many people look sad or blank. 

We have life. Few of us are lacking for any life necessities. So what is it? Why are we not a more joyful crew?

I can close my eyes and recall the memory of no physical pain while I was in Hawaii. I can recall the joy of simply being alive (and I give thanks for this each day). In Hawai'i, there exists a natural joy through volcanic birth, burgeoning life, elemental pleasures of ocean, sun's heat, fertile soil and sweet air.

Here in Victoria I am feeling a constant pressure, an internal tension, which I cannot fathom with respect to origin or reason. I can not place its source.

I am grateful for my life and I breathe the moments, the peace, through me. I open my mind to all possibility.

I am re-learning to eat well, paying attention to the food I purchase, how I prepare and consume it with care and gratitude. I am remembering to drink more water - the ultimate gift of life from the mother earth. I am moving my body with joy and intention - walks, exploration, swimming and dancing. 

I rejoice in the exquisite beauty of life. I continue to let love flow through me without holding. I make space for my life to be plentiful.

I write. I listen to people. I read - a lot. 

I help others and intend to do more. 

I intend to act with kindness. 

I laugh; I will laugh ...out loud. 

I remember the words of Nana Veary, great Hawaiian:
"Seek to enjoy, not to possess."

With love and best wishes to all. Happy New Year to each of you.

-Gillian Cornwall, January 6. 2013. 

Nana Veary Statement
My drawing, copied from some packaging

2 comments:

Hotel_Goddess said...

we can all live a healthier life but it sounds like you are thankful for what you have an do. Happy New Year!

Gillian said...

Thanks Angela! Happy New Year to you too.