Sunday, December 01, 2013

Love Poems


The Fortress
Your walls, stone thick
with pretty pikes as soldiers lines
gleaming fierce, wet with rain
'neath this spring sun.
They taunt and point
while pink petals cling
to your metal and stone
blown from pretty plum patches
through this pretty city.

No matter how hard
you try to be hard,
all I see is beauty - 
for I, water, 
I permeate stone,
every drop of me 
in you deep,
in your guarded 
castle keep.

-Gillian Cornwall, c. April, 2009

Open House
I love you.
You may step inside me and wander at will
through the halls of my heart.
Throw open the blinds,
the better to display all that I am. 

See if it is somewhere you would like to hang your hat for a while.

There are no ties to bind you,
no closed doors to lock you in.
I take no captives here.
It hurts too much to hold.
I only wish to look into your eyes
at day's release,
to behold some love, some joy, some peace.

-Gillian Cornwall, c. October 10, 2002.


No comments: