Sunday, August 12, 2012

Energy

8"x10"
Oil Pastel on Paper
Maui
$300.00
by Gillian Cornwall

This week I have chosen to post an older piece, one I re-read to myself this morning because I needed to reflect on lessons and relearn them, to remind myself that all is well. Last night I took the time to look at the stars because the Perseid meteor shower was on high. It was the first time I had simply sat and looked at the stars in a ridiculously long time. This simple act reminded me of the magnificence found in stillness, in being alive and at peace with oneself. Here is what I have to offer you this week. I hope you enjoy reading it:

Autonomy. Decision-making. Clarity. Choice. Listening. Understanding. These are my practices today. Chaos swirls around me and through me and I am aware but I do not fear it. There are systems in place but I select from them to suit my functionality, my path, without allowing them to rule my decision-making.

I remember that I always have choice and, often, the power to wait before sharing and engaging in a choice. Sometimes, time creates a space previously unseen and, where possible, it is best to wait. Additionally, I am learning to question assumptions, my own and those of others.

The energy exists as a precious gift and it is up to us how we shape it, utilize it and exchange it in its perfect relentlessness ...and I don't mean to insinuate that energy is pushy, rather that it is constant - no more, no less. It is changeable in form but not in quantity. Energy is perfect. We are energy; thus, we are perfect.

-Gillian Cornwall, May 2, 2011.




4 comments:

Meesh said...

This made a smile... A beautifull deep smile. Thank you.

Gillian said...

Thank YOU dear Meesh! I am so grateful for our connection and how your smile is now shared with me :-) Every joy and peaceful breath to you my friend.

Alberta said...

Good things to be reminded of. It also reminds me of youandhow much I miss being around you. xo

Gillian said...

Thanks Alberta. Maybe it's time to hop on a plane and come for a visit? Miss you too.