Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Finnerty Gardens at the University of Victoria

Amid the chaos of the first day back after the Easter weekend, I took the time to walk with a friend through Finnerty Gardens at the University of Victoria today. 

I work at the school and haven't been for a walk through the gardens for longer than I care to remember. It is so easy to stay attached to the computer, to not move, to not go outside to walk and breathe and chat with a friend but, you know, it was just as easy to go and it did me the world of good. 

"There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy." Ralph H. Blum









All images and text, with the exception of other quotations, are property of Gillian Cornwall. April, 2012

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love your Blum quote! Think I shall steal it and put it on my wall... <3