Thursday, December 01, 2005

"I Wish I Had a River..."


Those of you familiar with Joni Mitchell's music or art or both will likely reocgnize the title of this post. It's one of my favourite songs by her. In listening to the song, you are given to feel the bite of winter, both in its icy solitude and in its hope for warmth and comfort. Myself, I move closer to the holidays with both a sense of excitement and trepidation. Such a delightful time of twinkly fairy lights and warm, cozy scenes set against a juxtaposition of madcap overspending and commercialization. It seems with every passing year I tell myself, "I will not buy in, I will not buy in!" ....but I do. I wish I could move the earth for the people I love if that's what they need and want but the fact is, my friends, all I have to offer you during the festive season is the same thing that's coming at you every other day of the year: My love for you, my support, and my wish that we all can create peace and joy for ourselves and our fellow planetary inhabitants. I wish you gentleness and thought for others and yourselves and I offer my self to you to the best of my ability. I also wish that in 2006, everyone tries to create something from their soul without worrying that it isn't good enough.
Peace,
Gillian

No comments: